It all started with Latvian resourcefulness. The year was 1965. Five recently immigrated Latvians in the Twin Cities thought, why not pool our hard earned money and used it to help Latvians making their way in their new country. To make it convenient, an office was set up in the Latvian Lutheran Church where Latvians worshipped and socialized.
The Way Up still resonates today. Our mission is simple: help you succeed by sharing profits with our members, giving donations and scholarships, and offering loans for homeowners and small business owners to make dreams and ideas come true.
As the Latvian Credit Union has evolved, we’ve added more opportunities for you to save and grow your money or obtain loans. You’ll find our rates highly competitive. What you’ll experience is good, old fashioned service such as dealing with a real person who will go the extra mile to help you on your way up.
Let us help on your way up.
Why Join LCU?
Members of the Latvian Credit Union really feel like they are part of a large extended family, and we have to admit, we love hearing that. When you’re part of the Latvian Credit Union, we’ll do everything possible to help you reach your goals all with a highly personal touch and outstanding service.
To learn if you are eligible for membership, browse our requirements:
To become a member of the Latvian Credit Union you need to meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a member of one of these organizations –
- Latvian Organizations Association of Minnesota (LOAM)
- Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Association “Daugavas Vanagi”
- All family members are eligible including a spouse, in-laws and other relatives of a member of the Latvian CU. Even if the relative is now deceased, you (a child or grandchild by blood or adoption) are still eligible to join the Latvian CU.
- If you or one of your relatives once was a member, you still qualify for membership.